Applying for Membership
The following requirements apply only to the certified professional membership track.
1. A completed application.
2. Nonrefundable application fee.
3. Dues for the current year, prorated to the month in which he or she is applying.
4. Complete Stages 1 and 2 of Coach Youth Tennis
Items 1-4 above must be submitted by all those applying for certified membership. A pro cannot register for an exam until these items are received. After you have completed the online Coach Youth Tennis courses, if there are no on-court workshops available in your area at the time, you may go ahead and take the Certification Exam. Please be aware that your certification exam results will not be released until you have completed all portions of the Coach Youth Tennis Program.
Item 5, below, is optional. An applicant may secure a USPTA sponsor who can assist him or her in preparing for the Certification Exam or, applicants may prepare for the exam by taking the Professional Tennis Coaches Academy I.
5. USPTA members may sponsor new applicants by submitting a separate letter of sponsorship. Members may sponsor an applicant to assist them in preparing for the Certification Exam, and sponsorship of potential members will earn credit toward Master Professional status. Letters of sponsorship must be submitted to the USPTA Membership Department.
6. Non-U.S. citizens residing in the United States must send a copy of either an alien registration card (green card) or work visa.
After the Certification Exam, it takes four to six weeks to process the results. If the applicant passes the exam, a letter of congratulations will be sent with a membership certificate and exam results.
Click on the links below for an application.
Professional-level and wheelchair application
ADD Program: The USPTA ADD Program is open to tennis instructors who are socioeconomically disadvantaged and cannot otherwise afford to attain USPTA certification. Applicants who are accepted into the ADD program will receive their first year’s dues free. The second year will be 50 percent off and the third year will be 25 percent off. Please note that the certification process must be completed by the end of the second year or the membership will be dropped.
To apply for the ADD Program, you must fill out the two forms below and return them to your division office. Click here for your division office. (Learn more about the ADD program here.)
USPTA ADD membership application
USPTA ADD Program application
Recreational Coach application
School Coach application